Nirve chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got this off Craigslist yesterday, got it for the frame, future project
0312091239-01.jpg
0312091239-00.jpg

Cool frame....but whats up with the mtb forks?... :wink:

the bike was stolen and recovered, they way you see it, then sold to me as is, thought might use the frame to go with my Schwin trike rear that I have, think it was worth the $10.00 I gave for it?

Cool. I just bought a Nirve chopper myself a couple of weeks ago. I modified it by swapping out the straight fork with a springer fork I found on ebay. I still have the original Nirve fork if you might be interested. I may take some pics to post later today.

olschbp said:
the bike was stolen and recovered, they way you see it, then sold to me as is, thought might use the frame to go with my Schwin trike rear that I have, think it was worth the $10.00 I gave for it?

10 bucks sweet deal..I'll take one two :wink: Good luck on the build a Trike sounds cool ..I would like to see the finished project..!

yes, I stole it. but with money :D it is wide in the rear, just dont know what I'm going to do with it yet, what you think about those handlebar's?

olschbp said:
Will the trike wheels bring it off the ground some so you can peddle it?

thats a GREAT score!!! the front is hideous but WOW, great frame.

If it were mine, it would get some triple trees and some mini apes (i usually am not an ape fan, but that frame would suit them nicely)
Not sure, about the trike conversion, intrigued though!

Here is a picture of a Nirve Chopper where I swapped the front fork for a springer. You can find these springers on ebay for about $100 if you search on "Schwinn Spoiler". At least they were available a few weeks ago. The photo below shows the original fork that came off of it.

3355117742_486cabab3c.jpg

3355111958_36ea16d39d.jpg

3355115478_2840cd2129.jpg

That springer looks great on the Nirve, thats got to be the longest headset spacer I've seen, doesn't harm the looks. Love the bikes color!

Back