Nirve at Target

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird...
Glad to know they are "big-boxing" the bikes, but I wonder what the LBS guys that sell 'em will be doing - fixing the ones put together at the big box?

I looked through the Target (TAR Zhay) store locally and the ones on the racks there were a mess for the most part. :roll:

Oh well...

My question: Is the one I have here worth more or less now? I didn't pay $600 for it new, but they are selling them now for $600 (ok, $599.99)... It isn't going anywhere right now anyway, so it isn't an issue, but it seems that when this happens, the value drops like a rock. That said, at least they aren't half price there. The shop locally that has them has the same list posted on the ones on the floor.

rat royale said:

rat royale said:
...at least they aren't half price there. The shop locally that has them has the same list posted on the ones on the floor.

I know very odd for Target to have them AND have them at that price. I would be interested to see how many they sell. I suppose one good thing is that they aren't slapping a Nirve sticker on a crappy chinese bicycle. We don't have a Target locally so I haven't seen what they are, but from your post I'll assume they are decent.

sking1973 said:
I know very odd for Target to have them AND have them at that price. I would be interested to see how many they sell. I suppose one good thing is that they aren't slapping a Nirve sticker on a crappy chinese bicycle. We don't have a Target locally so I haven't seen what they are, but from your post I'll assume they are decent.

I ended up with the Cannibal after a different bike just never seemed to fit him - regardless of several different things done (and at a pretty stout expense) to make it more comfortable. I will admit, he's built a little weird... but even still.

I have ridden the bike several times, and it seems pretty nice. It is adjusted for him, so me getting on it really doesn't give me the proper idea of how it feels, but as I say, I have ridden it. I don't find them to be cheaply made, and this one has been changed around a little after the purchase, and I kinda like the look of it. I would like a different color thoug... wasn't ever much for silver. (even though my car is that color)

I'll have to take a more recent photo of it, as I don't have one taken of it within the last two years.

Back