NightShift Worksman Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm loving the quill seatpost. Question for you: is there a functional reason to weld the washer on top of the post? I think it looks rad the way you did it, but wouldn't it work just as well with the washer loose, once you tightened the bolt down? (I'm only asking b/c I wanna try it, but I don't wanna have to weld anything...)

I'm loving the quill seatpost. Question for you: is there a functional reason to weld the washer on top of the post? I think it looks rad the way you did it, but wouldn't it work just as well with the washer loose, once you tightened the bolt down? (I'm only asking b/c I wanna try it, but I don't wanna have to weld anything...)

The washer in my application would have worked fine un-welded but I didn't want to risk it popping through once i tightened it down and it just looks cleaner. You do have to crank it down pretty tight to keep it from spinning. I'm sure you could find or make a pretty thick steel washer in a 1" diameter that would work just fine.

Looks hotrod, nice work.

Back