NicksGarage from San Diego

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Howdy,

I'm a 52 year old guy from San Diego that has been into old cars forever and I also go vintage camping with my 1947 Ken-Skill teardrop trailer. People at the campouts always have cool cruiser bikes and I kept thinking I should get one or at least bring my mountain bike along but it just didn't seem like the right thing to do. At the last meet, a guy had a Felt Chief with the big fat cream tires on it and it was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. As soon as I got home I googled it and found out for one that they were discontinued and also how expensive they were and the next thing I found was this site. Once I started looking around it was cool bike overload. So many cool creative people on here and a vast variety of bikes to dream about. I'm 6'5" tall so the stretched out cruisers look like they'd be the best fit, especially like the Basmans but again, the budget comes into play.

So I'm starting out with this Sixthreezero In The Barrel that I picked up used on CL. So far I've only changed the grips and added a rear fender but this weekend I'm getting a set of triple trees and already have a Harley headlight that I'm going to convert over to LEDs based on what others have done here. I really like the all blacked out look it has but I think I'm going to put a set of brown tires on it and maybe in the future get a set of wide 24" rims and the fat tires. Anyway, that's my intro. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

630_01.jpg

And a couple of one of my cars and my trailer.

pismo2008_01.jpg

440_38.jpg

Love the grocery getter and the camper together! So cool. Reminds me of my youth. We spent a lot of time camping and I always slept on a mattress in the back of the wagon. Cool bike too.

Thanks for the welcomes. I can see this bike thing is going to be a problem. Picked up this 2005 American Flyer Coupe Deluxe off Craigslist. Not going to do much to it while I'm working on my other bike. Just going to paint the rims orange and install some wide whitewall tires.

af001t.JPG

hahahah welcome !

thats how it starts , buy 1 bike and before ya know it you have a gazillion of em :mrgreen:

junknutz1975 said:
hahahah welcome !

thats how it starts , buy 1 bike and before ya know it you have a gazillion of em :mrgreen:

Well at least bikes are easier to store than cars. I have 12 cars, trucks and motorhomes already. These two bikes are in the living room for now. Two mountain bikes are hanging from the garage ceiling. I just have to stop looking at Craigslist and save up for a Basman. Already had to buy a new bike rack to fit the stretch onto and it barely fits at that.

ive got 2 of my columbia playbikes stored inside my 66 vw camper. the rest of my fleet of bikes (16 total ) are in front of and along side the 66 bus , 98 beetle , & 69 beetle . vw's addiction bite as hard as the bikes do.
a garage full of coolness 8)
stupid winter ! :lol:
everything cool has to go nuh nites for the season.

Back