Nexus 3 speed rear wheel, want to replace tube...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've played with some bikes but I'm not an expert by any means. I can replace a tube, no problem. I can mess with a derailleur no problem, but I am staring at this 3 speed hub in wonder as to how I take the rear wheel off to replace the tube. I bought my girl a new bike yesterday and we filled the tires with air, luckily only the front went flat and I replaced it with a slime tube but I am almost scared to even try to take the rear wheel off lol. Shimano Nexus 3 speed, no visible nut/way to remove the rear wheel on the drive side. Something tells me a BFH isn't the answer on this one :mrgreen:

NP!! my only advice is to use a torque wrench when putting it back on, they put a lot of torque on the axle, so you need to get them real tight so as not to twist without stripping the nuts like I do... :roll:

, I don't have a torque wrench and the LBS told me they'd put a new tube in for $8 if I bring in my own tube.... maybe I'll go that route and watch them do it so I get a visual instruction for next time :mrgreen:

search on youtube for nexus wheel removal and adjustment. 5mm allen to take off the shift mech, then traditional wheel bolts... you can to the whole job with a crescent wrench if you don't have the allen/hex.

Back