NEXT BUILD OFF...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheDuke- Send me a pm. I have a scwinn cruiser frame I would part with. The frame is from 2005. If you are looking for something older just let me know.

well ive got a frame.........and a bunch of ideas(might make it for the build off if not itll be in the builds thread) and hooch you might be interested in this one(thats all ill say for now :wink: )

is this considered altered? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

accident32ea.jpg

Im in for sure.got a few ideas running in my head.its name is gonna be maingy rat, cause of my bud maingy cat june 1st is good. i will use a rattle can on this one. :D

This is the big one we're talkin' about here right? RRBBO3 :!: Wow, I've givin' little thought to the ride iI have pland. But still, June 1st I'm in, just hope I finish on time for this one :shock: I did have a kids bike but no wheels so I didn't enter. My wife did bring a bike with the 12 1/2 wheels that I need last saturday. a bit to late.....

1. You can only enter one bike in the build off.
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the Subject.
3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure.
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and after photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be rideable.
7. Use any parts you like....mo rat = mo bettah!
8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).
9. Paint must be applied by builder...rattle can style.
10. KEEP IT CHEAP...remember...IT'S A RAT ROD!!!!

not sure, just the rat bike. i don't know if i can get two done or not. since i already built one b/t. if there is i will probably do another b/t just don't know if i can get em both done. have to cut the bb out of one and get another one welded in to accept a regular crank. i have another weird one that i got from dingo with the weird bb that is for a english 3 pc so i want to put in a skip on it. oh well such is life.lol

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

actually the whole boardtracker and regular thing is really interesting to me. first off bikes i have built such as the lucky 7 is a full on boardtracker bike i wanted it to honor the old time motorcycles of the boards. however when it comes to the higgins i think of it more as a cafe racer or just a kustom. just because you flip the bars upside down should not instantly count a bike a boardtracker. that would be like saying if i buy a custom 32 ford highboy with billet wheels that cost a ton to build put white walls on it with red painted steel wheels now it is a rat rod. sry folks it dont work that way i think it should be best bike wins and if the people want a "drop bar cruiser" as i call all cruisers of this type, then so be it. they should not be shuffled into their own class and may i point out. for the last two years NEVER has a boardtracker won. raised by robots's bike was a traditional kustom cruiser, and mine was not a boardtracker in any sense of the word lol. sorry to toss a monkey into the wrench (i think that is how it goes) but i had to speak my mind. the bike i am going to make will be like nothing i have done before and built to a much higher standard for myself but i hate labels to be put onto anything other than it is cool.
if i were going to have two seperate classes i would make the top class the traditional RRBBO3 then do an outlaw class for those who feel the need to cut more than the rules allow.

Back