Next build off???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Any talk of a fall/winter build off?

I know I'm still recovering from RRBO5 too!

Just wondering...ideas would be nice too. Post whatever you want on this thread as long as its related to an upcoming build-off.

Lemme know, :wink:
Tyler

P.S. Space Build off 2, Anything goes build off 2, or maybe First Annual Rat Fink build off!!!!

I've been doing an Armed services build off, (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast guard, SAS, exc.)

So far only me and one other guy but everyone is welcome to join in, it's under build challenges.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31120

got my fingers crossed on picking up a bike tomorrow. if i get it i'd be ready to start something anyway. don't know about finishing.

I would love to participate in a build off. I got a perfect bike for it.
It needs new tires, paint, a wheelset and brakes, and a lot of elbow grease too, I even have an automotive theme for it in mind.
My sugestion would be to do an "any type of theme" build off.
free choise of theme, could be militairy or whatever, but its gotta have a theme to it.
This will allow a lot of people to join, even if they had plans in mind or took first steps allready.

Let me know what you guy's think.

what about an "ain't no build off", build off?

or in laymans terms, get to building! :) :wink: :lol:

steve set up a challenge section, so everyone can do their own at any time.

did someone say BURRITOO??!? :mrgreen: ahh, my specialty.

How about a budget build off?
I built my Bootlegger and only spent a tight $25 tops budget. And that includes acquiring the bike, all the accessories, paint, trick valve caps, headlight, taillight, rack, EVERYTHING.

Anybody up for the challenge???

outskirtscustoms said:
I built my Bootlegger and only spent a tight $25 tops budget. And that includes acquiring the bike, all the accessories, paint, trick valve caps, headlight, taillight, rack, EVERYTHING.

if it ain't on a budget, it ain't no rat. :)

icyuod2 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

if it ain't on a budget, it ain't no rat. :)
Very true, but how many are under $25? Most guys spend $30+ on just tires!

I don't know, but I've been thinking of participating in the next RRBO and I'm interested in finding out the final word on what the rules are.

Lonewolf said:
I don't know, but I've been thinking of participating in the next RRBO and I'm interested in finding out the final word on what the rules are.
theyre pretty much the same every year....the only thing ive seen chance is it used to be only rattle can paint....now its not. also the one frame swap is allowed now(didnt used to be....see hoochs rosemary in rrbbo1)
well that and the date changes
(quoted from rrbo5):

Participants should use their thread as a journal including write ups and photos.

1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the Subject.
3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and after photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.
7. Use any parts you like....mo rat = mo bettah!
8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).
9. Paint must be applied by builder.
10. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions trying to get around the rules...just build a cool bike.
11. KEEP IT CHEAP...remember...IT'S A RAT ROD!!!!

You must post your completed bike in the "FINISHED RRBBO5" forum
by midnight, August 2, 2010.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST.

Now get ta buildin'!

Latest posts

Back