Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a couple vacant storefronts on main Street I had been thinking about buying for about $2000.00 cash and a bunch of free labor building a large workshop for the curry owner. So if those bikes are legit I'll be buying at least one of them for storage.
Wow! Here it costs $2000 just for the fees and paperwork. There are no vacant storefronts to be had. Maybe up in Oakland where they have gang wars…

A get together? Great idea! My 2 picks would be either the beautiful waters of the Mediterranean Sea. FunkMe could let us stay at their place for a couple of weeks. :eek: The other option would be Berlin (can you say campground?). I am already on my way to Harbor Fright to buy colored lites for my bici.🎆
On Berlin campground I would be all in! 😁😜

I picked up one of each of these frame types a bit ago just because of the rear suspension portion. Still working out what I want to do in my head. Probably put pen to paper in the next week or so.
View attachment 253893View attachment 253894View attachment 253895View attachment 253896View attachment 253897
Funny, I literally have an Avalon downstairs. Would have loved to change the handlebars and stem but they are rusted solid due to neglect from the previous owner. Glad I got it for it would have been a complete loss of what is a decent riding bicycle.

Funny, I literally have an Avalon downstairs. Would have loved to change the handlebars and stem but they are rusted solid due to neglect from the previous owner. Glad I got it for it would have been a complete loss of what is a decent riding bicycle.
I pulled the "drivetrain" from one of them and put it on my 57 Corvette. I am going to put a slightly larger front sprocket on it though. Otherwise I like it.
IMG_20231104_142100150~2.jpg

I pulled the "drivetrain" from one of them and put it on my 57 Corvette. I am going to put a slightly larger front sprocket on it though. Otherwise I like it.
View attachment 253989
Man, I’m sure that small crank makes for some serious torque….🙂

My 2 picks would be either the beautiful waters of the Mediterranean Sea. FunkMe could let us stay at their place for a couple of weeks.
Plenty of space, for camping in the yard here. Weather is all over the place, but the Aegean Sea will keep you fresh...

So it's been a few years since I have been in a winter build-off.
Mainly due to moving and not being settled.
I have a whole new garage and a bike storage space(still have to set up) parts galore and frames.
My head space is as normal as it's ever going to be.:crazy:
My passion has turned towards fat and electric bikes, because I'm not getting any younger or thinner.:grin:
I have a beautiful rare vintage Automoto, that needs restoring.
That would certainly fit in the skinny department.
It needs a period correct rear wheel. And my time.

1702357806748.png

And I would like to fix a couple of kids bikes.
1. Being a BMX 20" (frame is like this but chrome and rust)
1702358090399.png

2. A rare vintage kids racer frame.(unknown)
It would take 20" or 18" wheels
1702358391811.png

And I also have a girls 20" that needs restoring.
My plans were to fix a couple of kids bikes, so that they can be used in the summer, by the kids of the property owners. Both have 1 boy and 1 girl each. Around the same ages, I think like 12 and 10ish.
I need to get them fixed and used, to get rid of bike parts.

Looking for bars like that now... And have always wanted a dble stem... winner already!!!
Top ones are early 2000s Honda XR250R bars. Lower are early 2000s Honda CR250 bars.

I like the slingshot stems because the raise the bats just right for my riding style. If I can I like to put them on my off road builds. Thinking of putting one of them on my buildiff bike from last summer as well.

Top ones are early 2000s Honda XR250R bars. Lower are early 2000s Honda CR250 bars.

I like the slingshot stems because the raise the bats just right for my riding style. If I can I like to put them on my off road builds. Thinking of putting one of them on my buildiff bike from last summer as well.
I have a set of bars, that I never used, they are for my 83 XR200R

Turn the bike upside down and spray some penetrating oil down the hole in the bottom of the fork and let it sit for a couple days, try it, if it won't budge let it sit a couple more days. If after all that and still won't budge. Cut the neck and if you need them I'll send you a set of forks off one of mine. You just pay postage.

Turn the bike upside down and spray some penetrating oil down the hole in the bottom of the fork and let it sit for a couple days, try it, if it won't budge let it sit a couple more days. If after all that and still won't budge. Cut the neck and if you need them I'll send you a set of forks off one of mine. You just pay postage.
Cool! I will try that. I really wanted to slap some apes on it. I added some stuff because I wanted to build a bagger inspired bicycle due to the neat placement of the rear suspension

I’m in for sure. Will likely swap to smooth tires for a summer ride but the klunker style is my favorite aside from banana seats
IMG_3389.jpeg
IMG_3390.jpeg
IMG_3391.jpeg
in with one of these two most likely. My first klunker was a monark. The gambles badged frame I apparently don’t have a seat post in the stash for.
IMG_3392.jpeg
This green sport master someone put cheap mountain bike tires on long ago is a low possibility but I do like the green. In the end I’ll still ride whatever I build more then I ride this
IMG_3393.jpeg
when this does all the off-road stuff much better 😂

I’m in for sure. Will likely swap to smooth tires for a summer ride but the klunker style is my favorite aside from banana seats View attachment 254097View attachment 254098View attachment 254099in with one of these two most likely. My first klunker was a monark. The gambles badged frame I apparently don’t have a seat post in the stash for. View attachment 254100This green sport master someone put cheap mountain bike tires on long ago is a low possibility but I do like the green. In the end I’ll still ride whatever I build more then I ride this View attachment 254101when this does all the off-road stuff much better 😂
The Gambles frame is Huffman made. 13/16ths stem maybe.

Back