Newest car project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my newest car project, a 1947 ford 2 door sedan. I have had it for 3 months already. I have already rebuilt the front end with new tie rod ends, king pins, disc brakes, and a 3" lowering spring. I have also freshened up the interior. I removed all the window garnish moldings, stripped and painted them gloss black. Next I removed the entire dashboard and stripped and painted that along with cleanin all the gauges and knobs. I havealso replaced all the broken windows in the car. Next step is to tear apart the old flathead V8 and hot rod it out, camshaft, ignition, heads, headers, 4 bbl. the works. Need to get this hotrod on the road.
ford001.jpg

ford002.jpg

Awesome ride. 46-47 Ford is on my top 10 list of cars I'd love to own.

Also, kudos for keeping the flattie. Nothing sounds as good as a hopped up Ford flathead V8.

willyschad said:
It could be yours ChadB. I'll sell anything. $2600.

Great! I just need to find $2600.

Anyone want to buy my red bike? Maybe I could sell my Husqvarna lawn tractor too. I'll just set the grass on fire in the summer LOL.

no wide whites for me, just the orange steel wheels and black walls. i'm gonna add beauty rings to the wheels for a little for pop. other than that the outside is how it's going to stay. that is my willys sir. It's under a blanket to try to stay warm until next racing season starts.

Back