Newbie with a question.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new here so not sure if this has been asked before or not. If so please point me in the right direction. I have a 15spd 26" Magna Mountain bike I got for free. Id like to do away with the multi speeds and have a single speed. Sorta make a 26" BMX type bike. My question is how would I go about doing this? Again Im sorry if this has been answered before.

The easiest way would be to replace the multi speed freewheel with a single speed bmx freewheel. Make sure you get one with the same pitch as a derailluer chain. You'll probably have to play with the axle spacers and dish the wheel more so it stays centered in the frame and the chainline is straight, but it can be done. Did it with my sons huffy. 8)

Bigcam59 said:
The easiest way would be to replace the multi speed freewheel with a single speed bmx freewheel. Make sure you get one with the same pitch as a derailluer chain. You'll probably have to play with the axle spacers and dish the wheel more so it stays centered in the frame and the chainline is straight, but it can be done. Did it with my sons huffy. 8)
What did you use for spacers? Do you have a pic of your setup?

Back