Newbie from Tennessee / Father & Daughter project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say "Howdy" and share my / our first build w/the gang here. I am into Traditional Hotrodding and kustom motorcycles and I used to race BMX as a kid. I still ride my BMX bike quite abit and have had the urge to build a bicycle to cruise at car shows. I have been watching this site / forum for a while and love the bikes I'm seeing. Recently, out of the blue, my oldest daughter(age 12) told me she really enjoyed building model cars and this threw me for a loop since I have never seen her build one. She told me she has a spot in her papas(ex-father-in-law) garage to build them. I cleaned up a spot in my garage for her, but I had no models. So I threw this out at her, "would you like to build a custom bicycle?" Her response was "will you teach me to weld?" How could I saw no! I had some parts of random bikes I had gathered over the past couple years, most were pulled from the local dump. Here is our moch up and we will start a build thread of our first build and, yes, this is already addictive and I have already have plans for my 2nd build. Anyway just wanted to introduce us and see if anyone knew of more kustom bike events, shops, or folks around Knoxville, Tn. Ignore the mannequin head in the back ground. My wife just finished cosmotology school and the garage became her creepy head storage area.
20130101_215437.jpg

welcome!
awesome story and a great start on your build.
addictive aint they ? :lol:
:mrgreen:

Back