Newbie from SoCal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi there fellow bike enthusiasts! Just found this forum today and i must say it's AWESOME! :D

My name is Paul. I've been a bike nut for years. Started with the BMX stuff in the 80's. Had a mountain bike after that. Got burned out with the MB....it just hung around in the garage for years. A couple years ago, i decided i needed to start getting some exercise. Thought about building an old school BMX bike...but realized at 6'1", 230, i might be too big to ride one of those now! :lol: Decided the 26" bikes were the way to go. Picked up a '79 Schwinn Cruiser for starters. I then ratted it out by swapping all the parts to a black primered '80 frame, added some chrome fenders and some other OG Schwinn parts--mirror,speedo, generator/bullet headlight. (Still would like to add a rear rack to make those beer runs easier :mrgreen: )
Since then, i've scored a few more bikes....'82 Schwinn Cruiser 5 (very clean, all orig.), '83 Schwinn Sidewinder (needs resto, but all orig. parts) ,and just completed my first build of a klunker/26" BMX style bike w/a 1980 Schwinn cruiser frame (painted it DupliColor Metal Specks Burnt Copper, used mostly all old school parts...Araya 7x's, Sugino cranks,GT bars, Diamond Back neck,etc....)

I'll try to get up some pics of my bikes soon.

Back