Newb to the forum and to RatRodding.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I just recently got back into bikes for the reason I can't afford to keep dumping money into my car. Bikes are way cheaper, and that makes it to where I can have lots of them! :D Anyway, I'm into motorizing bikes. I just finished motorizing my first Rat Rod Bicycle. Its a 1963 Schwinn Typhoon. I picked it up for $25, then a week later saw one on craigslist for $225 :shock: I must have struck a killer deal! Still tweeking the bike to be just right. Infact I found this forum and lurked ocaisionay. I saw the RRB build off 8 contest and that's what lead me to buy my Typhoon. I still have a long ways to go befor I feel it will be compleat. I need to build some custom wheels, headlight and taillight/brakelight.

BTW, I live in Wichita KS.

Thanks. Ill get some pics posted soon. Since the build off 8 rules state I can only have one thread for a bike, I will just talk about all my bikes not just my RatRod. :D

2013-05-25214750.jpg

My bike. I can't post its current status as this build is on the low down for another few weeks.

I picked up this schwinn typhoon (1963) for $25.

Back