New Wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I was supposed to be cleaning the garage and tearing down some bikes for storage I somehow got sidetracked and built this up to see how my new wheels looked. I've lately had a craving for more colored wheels so I had these rims powder coated and my LBS lace them up.
The fork was bent so I just stuck the fork ends in the vice and pushed upward on the rear of the frame.
My intent was to tear the bike down after the pics but I'm kinda liking it.

pic043.jpg

pic042.jpg

Changed a few things on this bike.
Swapped the pedals for green ones. I liked the looks of the other seat but it wasn't comfortable. Changed the sprocket to a smaller one.
pic007.jpg

Added head badge off another bike. After riding it the first time on the pub pedal a week ago I noticed one of the cantilever tubes broke from the down tube. I tacked it back on and primered it.
pic002.jpg

The quick release seat post clamp is off an exercise bike.
pic004.jpg

pic009.jpg

TheDuke said:
That looks way 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ! :mrgreen:
L8 EM

Thanks!

Like I said in my first post I had only built this bike to admire my new wheels. I've already ridden it on 2 pub pedals, around the hood and put several miles on it today. Now I'm not recalling whether I even greased and tightened everything up :shock: .

On our last pub pedal we were heading home (me on this bike) and got caught in a horrendous thunderstorm.
The whole time I'm worrying about this bike getting wet. The wife reminded me that it was "already rusted! :x "

Video from today. There's a vw in there for you vw folks.

Very cool is that a jc higgens frame? I am working on a jc higgens right know and it has the same pointy dropouts on it. Diggen the wheel and tire combo looks like christmas.lol

Latest posts

Back