New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see too many more Beast sales once the geared version comes out if it is only $100 more.

IMG_2411_zpse1d3e3a5.jpg

Add high riser bars and a banana seat:
Beast Ray.
Beast Krate.
Sting Beast.

Add high riser bars and a banana seat:
Beast Ray.
Beast Krate.
Sting Beast.

Since it would be a Krate for FAT people. Instead of a Cotton Picker or Lemon Peeler, it could be the "Twinkie Wrapper" version.

Threadless headset. That's got to reduce manufacturing costs a wee bit. Not having to thread the steerer eliminates a process and speeds up assembly. That can help balance the added parts costs.

Since it would be a Krate for FAT people. Instead of a Cotton Picker or Lemon Peeler, it could be the "Twinkie Wrapper" version.

I took a photo of my wife riding the Beast last spring. It sure made her look more slender in a good way. ;)

Threadless headset. That's got to reduce manufacturing costs a wee bit. Not having to thread the steerer eliminates a process and speeds up assembly. That can help balance the added parts costs.
Also opens up a bunch of doors for interchangeability of parts, brings it that much closer to modern MTB standards. I know some lament the loss of a threaded headset, but my opinion is that the pros outweigh the cons for this type of bike.

I made this penny farthing looking bike last year with a Next Mako 20" mtn bike. I'm thinking of making something similar with the wally 20" fat bike. Just put the 26" fat fork and tire on the 20" bike and lengthen the seat post and stem. Would be a super fun bike. I get a lot of comments on the Mako

PennyFarth.jpg

Since the Beast tires are 30 inches tall these should be close to 26 inch tall tires. Watching and Waiting for this one. These are going to be fun.

I don't think these are going to be that much fatter than the 20x4 tire on a Diamondback Drifter chopper. About 20" tall.
Really, the profile is not much bigger than OCC tires. If you want a higher profile you are going to have to slap some fugsleyesque Harley tires on those rims.
WP_002292_zps3093838d.jpg

I really don't think these are going to be much bigger than Yoot's Sand Rover.
DSCN1703_zps477b6c3a.jpg

Last edited:
It only took Walgoose 3 years to follow Yoot's lead.

And one has to ask...will the tires be different than what's in the photo upon arrival?

Remember the spider pattern tires on the first Beast photos?

If this is going to be a Mastif,maybe the tread will be shaped like out bull heads or paws. :crazy:

Back