New treasure awaiting me (update 5/17) anything special?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Im a landscaper and I told everyone I work with to be on the lookout for any bikes in the trash or old bikes for sale. I get a call yesterday from one of the mow crew foreman and he said it must have been trash day on his route. Found an old bike in the back of a scrappers truck and talked him into letting him save it. Told me he had no idea what it was, just said it was old as heck, had rusty chrome, a womens frame, but said it was trimmed out like a old car. Ill be picking it up tomorrow from work, hoping its an old tank bike with a springer and other cool stuff like lights and racks!

Score one for the ratrodders! another rust bucket saved from the scrappers. Pictures to come tomorrow!

Re: New treasure awaiting me

Forgot all about this. It ends up being and old english skinny tire bike but all og. Company is called ivicta. Made in burmingham england. 3speed sturmey archer aw. light generator, fenders, wrights seat, just a cool looking bike for a womans bike. Couldnt find clues to its age till i cleaned the gunk off the sa hub and the hub was dated a 55 so this is now my oldest bike in the fleet. Bike is all original including the stock pads that still say made in england. I aired the tires and it rode ok, hub wanted to shift but the shift chain was bent, luckily I had a good one to replace it with. I was gonna steal the hub for my build off bike but the wife likes this bike and I would hate to ruin the fact its all there. I think Ill clean it up some, keep the stock patina and just wax what paint is left for a touch of shine.

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

Not bad! Looks like a Raleigh made bike. Are those 26" wheels?

ej599 said:
Not bad! Looks like a Raleigh made bike. Are those 26" wheels?

Yes they are. I aired the stock tires back up when I rode it around. Parked it in the basement while the wife and I went to the store. Came back home and I hear a loud boom and my wife screaming for me. She said I heard a loud noise in the basement go check! I go downstairs and the rear tire couldnt handle the air and burst, tube and tire, causing the bike to fall over, lol. I had an extra tub and old tire to throw on thankfully but not sure if I trust the old rolling stock on the front for my wife to ride, shes prettier then me and I would hate her to take a digger when the front goes, I on the other hand would be ok probably. New rolling stock will be in order for this bike. I wont touch this really till my buildoff bike is done. Ill post a build up thread when I do start working on it.

Back