new to this need help on paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 53 Huffy Mainliner, purchased from a fellow ratrodbiker. This will be my first build. My situation is that the Frame and Fork have the original paint on them, in pretty good shape but they have grease on them. like Axle grease. Very thin but it shows and comes off on your hands. I was wondering if anyone could give me the name of a good grease remover that wont harm the paint, I want to wipe it down to clean it but also want to preserve the paint and the stuff that I have I KNOW FOR A FACT will start peeling the paint off (its meant for bare metal parks)

If any one could give me some tips it'd be very appreciated. I'll be starting a build thread once I get her started on reassembly, with plenty of pics.

I'm a big fan of simple green. But no matter what you use be real careful if like there are stripes or graphics. Rub too hard and see ya. As for protecting paint thats tough. A lot like clearing over it, I personally don't like that look if its an original build. Personally I do the oil on a rag deal

Back