new-to-me saddle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my wife and I went looking today at yard sales for bikes, but found none. We did come across an estate sale however and i found this old saddle. I think it's from a very old exercise bike, stamped "made in Japan" and should work great on a low-buck MTB conversion Im currently workin on, which I will post pics of when I'm done.

That saddle looks similar to the one that I had on my Schwinn Heavy Duty. Like an idiot I threw mine away. (it was before I discovered rat bikes) I replaced that classic seat with a Walmart grade seat. :( :oops:

08Taco said:
That saddle looks similar to the one that I had on my Schwinn Heavy Duty. Like an idiot I threw mine away. (it was before I discovered rat bikes) I replaced that classic seat with a Walmart grade seat. :( :oops:

Before I knew what things were "worth" i've thrown away tons of stuff. I threw away the 3 spd sturmey archer hub that came with the wifes breeze, thrown away a billet crank for a chevy stovebolt.. thrown away too much stuff I didnt know was worth anything...... I'm not real smrt.

I dont think this saddle is anything special,but it's gonna be easier than recovering the bulbous heap'o'junk seat that came with the bike I'm redoing. :wink:

most poeple do chunk them ,but you will be surprised at how comfortable those little seats are. its the springs that do it. they make one that is the next size up... i looked for a while and never came up with one. good score

My hope is that it goes with the looks of the build, and it will look better than the wal-mart gel pillow that was on there before. I remember seeing them as a kid and i remember that they sound like an old mattress.

Back