NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, a blade-type cruiser fork and a set of Schwinn (or Electra) truss rods, a set of fenders, some paint and voila!
if you make it a 'Relic' The crank,chainring, headset, bars and seat post are already black!
Now if the stupid stores in my area would carry it! Guess there's always .com, right?

I think I'm going to do up my Grandfather's old Firestone like that Cachet. Only it'll have a five speed, old road bike wheels with gumwalls.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Which Electra did you buy? The OP looks so much like the frame on their 'Cruiser' that I wonder, ya know?
I got the Cruiser 1. Steel frame, red paint, nice all around bike. :D
FILE0407.jpg

They do look pretty similar, though...

We need close up in macros///

Her'e's the only bike worth looking at at my local Wal-Mart (actually a Tesco):

3eb6d03f5ad649e9a43a61eb8f5135f1.jpg

5dd9c52e726944cf883354b04362139b.jpg

cad06c9a4bfd45ba85011dd9d52001ed.jpg

bd4b235d009f4480827fce21a2c2a73f.jpg

2ba1620e3ae64a8d959036b37fb0898b.jpg

It's a licensed Raleigh made locally. The price tag was just short of 8,000 Baht, which is around USD270. Crazy heavy it feels like 5 bikes combined. Very expensive in my opinion. I think more than half the price is licensing fee. However, if the seatstays had been more like real classic Raleigh I would have been tempted to play with it.

There were 50-60 more bikes there at around fifty, sixty to a hundred bucks each, but a fraction of the quality from the Wal-Mart bikes I've seen in this thread.

Those cruisers you have up there are more expensive here used and rusty than they were department store new. :?

Well i bought one the other night, got $10 off because the handlebars were scuffed. I have some apes on order along with a lay-back seat post. Im surprised at how good the quality is compared to the others that are in the $100 range. I'll be taking it apart this weekend to lube it up real good.

anon said:
We need close up in macros///

Her'e's the only bike worth looking at at my local Wal-Mart (actually a Tesco):

3eb6d03f5ad649e9a43a61eb8f5135f1.jpg

5dd9c52e726944cf883354b04362139b.jpg

cad06c9a4bfd45ba85011dd9d52001ed.jpg

bd4b235d009f4480827fce21a2c2a73f.jpg

2ba1620e3ae64a8d959036b37fb0898b.jpg

It's a licensed Raleigh made locally. The price tag was just short of 8,000 Baht, which is around USD270. Crazy heavy it feels like 5 bikes combined. Very expensive in my opinion. I think more than half the price is licensing fee. However, if the seatstays had been more like real classic Raleigh I would have been tempted to play with it.

There were 50-60 more bikes there at around fifty, sixty to a hundred bucks each, but a fraction of the quality from the Wal-Mart bikes I've seen in this thread.

Those cruisers you have up there are more expensive here used and rusty than they were department store new. :?
That's a real nice bike for Wal-Mart :shock: :shock: 270 seems like a fair price :wink: If it was at my Wally World I'd get it :mrgreen:

I posted another thread regarding Target bikes but nobody responded. My local Target has a 28" Schwinn Gateway that I really like....I want one bad.

They also have a Schwinn Legacy cruiser that is (at least to me) alot better looking than the Delmar that Walmart carries. The Legacy has cream colored rims, but like the Delmar they are very skinny looking. I prefer the look of the wide rims on the Huffy Cranbrook..speaking of they also have a Cranbrook with chrome rims instead of blue.

The Legacy is on sale and I'm tempted. It is $99 and the Gateway is $179.

gateway.jpg

legacy.jpg

ckdesigns69 said:
They look like neat bikes. I have seen both of them too. Hey, Predfan I am assuming your are from Nashville? :wink: If so...I used to live there.

I used to. Now I'm about 40 miles away.

Target has a few nice looking bikes. The only thing I don't like is the decals look to be under the clear. I liked the brown bike above, but I didn't care for the decals.

SO who all has built off of the OP walmart cruiser.. I am thinking that I like that frame alot better than the Cranbrook frame.. has nicer swoopy lines.. I think that only one Wal mart in my area may have them still in stock...

Back