"New" Star Trek Movie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "Ole' Lady" and I saw the new Star Trek movie last night... :shock: imho...What a great movie...I've been a Star Trek fan for 40 years...I've seen all the past feature films and imho...this one is right up there with the best! Wadd'yall think?

Yea, I'm with 'ya...I've been a big fan of J.J. Abrams from his work on Lost...They sure nailed the actors, I really liked Mr. Scott too! The only thing I had against the movie was the dual Spock concept...I had a hard time buying that. :roll: My memory from the TV series was that the romantic tension was between Uhura and Kirk...Great film! I hope thay make more! :mrgreen: Hey...Best guess/predictions/wishes for who to cast as Nurse Chapel...! :wink:

JoeyMac said:
Loved it too. Just picked up the graphic novel that is supposed to be the official pre-quel to this movie.
Not to change the subject...But your post brought this to mind, I just read the graphic novel "The Watchmen" :shock: Dang! that was cool!! I've not seen the movie...But the novel was awesome!

The movie was WAY better than the previews made it out to be. Simon Pegg's 'Scotty' was flat out great, and the actor who played Bones nailed it.

My one gripe:
Is it just me or are they WAY too liberal with going back in time and giving away equasions and formulas?

Transparent aluminum and transwarp beaming anyone?

Yea, I hear 'ya...J.J. Abrams had alot of "issues" to deal with...But the screenplay was well worth the admission price! :mrgreen: "See through aluminium"....How cool... :mrgreen: P.s. What's up with Scotty's side kick....

Saw it a few weeks ago with my wife (she's the Trek fan BTW) and loved it. Cast was perfect. Kirk was great without being a copy of Shatner.

I wish they had used the "How do you know he didn't invent it" line though. It would had been a fun little addition.

My wife was pissed they killed Spock's mom though. SInce she was in the initial series, doesn't this movie negate that? :?: :?:

Dan

It doesn't negate it because you're dealing with time travel this time around. Hence, Vulcan goes kablooey

voodoo curse said:
It doesn't negate it because you're dealing with time travel this time around. Hence, Vulcan goes kablooey

Yes, but even that could be *kinda* worked around. Spock said at the end of the movie they were going to start a "new" Vulcan community/planet. Therefore, the "new" Vulcan could have been what we all knew as the only Vulcan planet. I'm going to bed now, my head hurts. 8)

Danimal said:
...Therefore, the "new" Vulcan could have been what we all knew as the only Vulcan planet. I'm going to bed now, my head hurts. 8)

Right! The Vulcan the we allways knew is actually the new Vulcan! :?:

Latest posts

Back