new scores Western Flyer X-53 and Columbia ladies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored a couple bikes today a postwar (I think) Colson ladies w/ tank and what I believe to be a Western Flyer X-53 its missing the tank and lights but has the same frame I will post pictures later tonight!

Jeff aka Hooch

I'm convinced that the midwest is a vintage bike gold mine.

I guess I'm better off in the south though....don't have the cash to buy these great finds anyway...ha ha!

here ya go

PB100081.jpg

badge.jpg

PB100087.jpg

PB100077.jpg

The columbia is 50s model. I have one that didnt come with a tank. My research yielded that they are worth much! I plan to hot rod mine out!

X-53 it is!

Yes Hooch, that is an X-53 without the tank and light and springer. I have the entire correct springer fork for that bike, hmmmmm, but it wasn't cheap. The correct tank for this bike, if you can find one by itself will set you back a pretty penny. THey are very deco and are sought after to build. The OG chainguard is an equal match to the deco theme and a great design from that period. That rack and integration with the frame speaks volumes to that period!@

The light..

The fender light is currently on ebay. This, the tank and the chainguard are the hardest parts. I just sold my NOS chainguard to a guy in Germany (month ago). I told you I have the correct Springer fork set up, just let me know if you are interested. The build won't be cheap, but the end product is the epitome of the that era!.

Joe

Back