New rookie in the ranks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everybody. My names Ian, some call me Crazy Ivan.

I've always had a soft spot for nostalgia, American Graffiti, Sand Lot, Dazed and Confused, The Wild One. Just a few of my favorite movies. Recently a group of my friends have gotten into restoring older vintage bikes and it got me into the Idea of researching and restoring the old Schwinn in my basement. 1968 Schwinn Breeze 3 speed, was my gran's bike used to run errands and used by my aunt when she was a late teen. I intend to refinish the bike to hand it down to my niece when she's big enough for it (in about 9-10 years HAHA).

Thinking about that I got into the idea of getting myself a vintage frame to restore or restomod for myself, my friends turned me over to the site and well HERE I AM!

Browsing through the Galleries and seeing what a lot of you have all done really has me in gear to find an old frame in good condition PREFERABLY a boys model or a non biased model. Once i've gotten myself a frame to start with (and fixed my busted camera) I'll find the appropriate forum to post pic's of my progress. Any advice while undertaking this project is welcome by me.

I'm excited to be a part of the community.

Back