New Resident - The World

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I found this one on fleebay ... I've been hunting one I could afford since late in 2005. Finally found one. Now I can continue searching... but now only for a tank to fit it.
Overall, it seems to be in pretty good condition.. for a 75 year old. Based on what I know, it's a '34 B-10. The photos are from the ad, it is still mostly in the box, but that will change over the next few days.

I wanna ride it!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Ohhhhhhh, Awwwwww lol
kan ya tell i'm jelious

are the pedas square blocks or are they a aerodynamic / wing shape ??

nice bicycle ... very nice

Stephen

Nice ride. I think it needs...............absolutely nothing.......... No really the only thing it needs on it is ME. I'm jealous too.

Wingman said:
Ohhhhhhh, Awwwwww lol
kan ya tell i'm jelious

are the pedas square blocks or are they a aerodynamic / wing shape ??

nice bicycle ... very nice

Stephen

Thanks for looking..
The pedals have the aero end plates, but the blocks are square. I am not sure which side it is yet, but one of them has a nice bend through the bolt that passes throguh the pedal blocks.

I actully spent a bit of time today (between computer projects) taking it out of the box and examining it closer. I find that I have a bit of work to do in several areas. As a Rat, it is perfect right now. As a really nice Rat, it is CLOSE to perfect right now, but there are a few issues that are gonna have to be dealt with.

The left front strut bar is broken just below the bolt, and the plate is bent at the mounting for it as well. That is going to be the first fix. I noted the bars have been welded... and it doesn't look like it was a one time event! I'll have to look further into this, as I have a set of bars here, but they are NORS, and have never been mounted. The grips are shot. I have some prewar ones with the reflectors built into the ends, so they'll probably end up on this one.The fenders are not as nice as they appear in the photos, but they are there and more importantly, so are all the little bits to attach them. Some of this stuff is quite neat, with special little spacers and stuff. Cool that they were this thought out 75 years ago. The chain looks pretty good, and the dropstand and clip are nice. The rear reflector is REAL nice, as was the seat. The seatpost is another "previously multiple welded item", and it too shows OK in the photos. I have another of them here, slightly newer in age, but they appear to be the same. The tires are different brands/treads, but that is the least of the worries.

I am leaning toward not using the slanted crashbars that were on the front, as I think it looks better without them.

Chrome.... Ouch. That's gonna hurt.

To restore or not to restore... that has become the question. I'm leaning more toward not, but doing the corrections that will be necessary to make it a proud survivor.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Back