New Project!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been really great about updating this thread. Here are some photos of where the car currently is. I just got the front and rear suspension all finished up. If you are interested I have a bit more detailed thread here http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=635077 , but I will update this one periodically too.

outside4.jpg

outside2.jpg

outside1.jpg

outside3.jpg

outside5.jpg

Might be a stupid question but always wondered how you go about registering such builds. What vin number is used? Do you need to get them inspected some how?

The whole title thing varies widely from state to state. Utah luckily is fairly easy. These old cars didn't have vin numbers but Ford did have serial/motor numbers. The very last model t's and all model a's had the serial number on the motor and the frame. The model t body I have has no identifying numbers on it, but the model a frame I used had clear numbers. I had to take the frame to a vehicle inspection place and get the numbers verified. Then fill out some basic paperwork and go to the dmv. They do a vin search and it came back clear so I paid the taxes and got a new title, but it is titled as a 1929 model a. Around here you want to do this at the start of a project because you want the car to be worth less that $1000 because it gets more complicated after that. If there are no numbers you can also get a state issued vin number it's just a little more work.

Latest posts

Back