new pics of the lucky 7 boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of you will remember this bike when i first "finished it." well here it is much closer to done. all that is left to do is hide the shifter in the tank and it will be mostly done or at least till i paint it which will be a bit down the road. its a rat rod anyways so a few scratches are par for the course. she aint no trailer queen. changes have been few basicly i started with the white tires. first i used some fat franks from schwable but they were more flesh color than white. then we became a felt dealer more or less so that we could get THESE tires. then came the pin striping on the tank, and handlebars done by my buddy john boy. finally came the skiplink setup consisting of a schwinn dog leg crank, clover leaf skip sprocket, and NOS chain. i had to make the rear cog to work with the chain and it works great.

1001150.jpg

1001152.jpg

1001149.jpg

Oh yeah....home page gallery material there. :D

Was the rear hub a 7 speed Nexus with a coaster brake?

Haven't seen that before.

thanks for the comments yes it is a nexus 7 with a coaster brake and they are no longer avalible with the billet shell as far as i know. only the roller brake model. that hub has close to 3000 miles on it and has never missed a shift or done me wrong. the tires are felt quick brick tires 26 x 2.125.

1001156.jpg

1001146.jpg

1001154.jpg

a few more pics

That is amazing. The white on white wheels are perfect and the fork gives it the tough stance.

i could drop the fork a bit more if i wanted right now it is set up for the taller tires that were on it before. but it rides so well i dont want to mess with her too much more.

yep like my green jc higgins is now my boss's bike and he has changed it around and personally i hate it. before it was mean looking now it just looks like a puppy.

the tank makes the bike i guess although it could use a new horn. the one in there is a vintage unit and it's tone is well sad. and ya gotta hit it just right or it wont work i seem to have developed a touch for getting her to make noise.

wow

well like i said when i saw it in person, it is the coolest bike ive ever seen. i have no doubt you will amaze me again though.

P.S. i got to sit on it =)

hey there you are yup wonderboy actually got to see the lucky 7 in the flesh, or would that be metal? say SIR where are those photos of your new toy? i think the fellow members here will really dig what you came up with.

It's too bad that Shimano doesn't make a conversion kit to allow you to use a coaster brake on the newer 7 speed hubs.

Rat Rod said:
It's too bad that Shimano doesn't make a conversion kit to allow you to use a coaster brake on the newer 7 speed hubs.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
a New Del Sol has a Shimano Seven on it...
with a Coaster Brake..unless I totally missed something
last time I looked :roll:

I LOVE IT!

Wow, that is one clean mean ride! I love the tires ;)
Cool ride and it looks fast. Wanna race?

Clothespin "n" said:
Rat Rod said:

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
a New Del Sol has a Shimano Seven on it...
with a Coaster Brake..unless I totally missed something
last time I looked :roll:

Maybe so, I'm used to seeing a roller brake on everything.

The 7 speed and the 4 speed I have are both roller brakes.

Back