NEW PHOTOS OF MY COLUMBIA UPDATED mar/18/2009

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
howdy i wanted to start a post to show how MY bike is coming along right now its at the bike shop its getting a new used wheel put on it and a new used kickstand and a few other things tightend and the back wheel spokes tightend i will post photos of it as it comes along and i got to find a way to get the rocket back on the front fendar the plastic screw holes are broken heres a photo of it sometime before it was shipped to me
WINTER001.jpg

NO NEW PHOTOS YET MY NEXT POST WILL BE WHEN I GET MY TIRES ON

these are where the the old photos

now there gone

Re: new photos of my columbia bicycle

bump

Looks pretty alright man. Although I'd like to see it with the original tank on it too... but that's just me...

chimichanga said:
jesusfreak86 said:
nice! im not a fan of the flames they kinda loook out of place, but still looks good with that tank. Also why did you bump your thread?
howdy im not exactley sure why i did that i think i must of did that because i wannted people to notice my post im sorry if im annoying it seems i always have a tendacy to get on peoples nerves sorry

Not sure which tank. How about a pic with the old tank, without the light. That old tank looks pretty cool even with no headlight.

KOTA said:
Not sure which tank. How about a pic with the old tank, without the light. That old tank looks pretty cool even with no headlight.
it was really hard getting this tank on sometime i will do that when i get tired of the chrome look and i decide to take it off to paint it

howdy the RAT TRAP fork came and it fit on my columbia it wiggles a little bit at the top which means it just barely fit but i got it im really proud of myself i know i sound to you preatty stupid but im really happy about it i never could do that stuff before but i figured iT out the stem on my columbia was to big so i used a stem from a girls rollfast banana bike and i added a 20 inch mongoose wheel in the front i will post photos sometime tommarow

Hey JF86, You don't sound "pretty stupid" at all, you do however seem to want to learn everything you can about wanting to build and repair your bikes yourself which that to me is "pretty cool". Besides all of us on here had to start somewhere and this is definitely the place to learn and get great advice from other people and you SHOULD feel proud of your accomplishments. Each of us on this site at some point have stepped back and looked at our projects and felt proud of what we've done.
I'm looking foward to your pics tomorrow. :D

skyrider said:
Hey JF86, You don't sound "pretty stupid" at all, you do however seem to want to learn everything you can about wanting to build and repair your bikes yourself which that to me is "pretty cool". Besides all of us on here had to start somewhere and this is definitely the place to learn and get great advice from other people and you SHOULD feel proud of your accomplishments. Each of us on this site at some point have stepped back and looked at our projects and felt proud of what we've done.
I'm looking foward to your pics tomorrow. :D
thanks im hoping to take pictures tommarow if i can remember

Re: UPDATED PHOTOS OF MY COLUMBIA 2/10/2009!!!

howdy i drove it to convienet store to get a 440 calorie bottle of oakhurst choclate milk it was just to wobbley for my liking so tried a few different things i think this cap i have on it will work the best but im not postive i rember as i was put it on one or more of the balls in the bearings was missing so i will to take it the bike shop somretime to get that takeing care of sometime this week i got to take it for test drive and see if it still wobbles or not please let me no what you think of the bike
updatedcolumbia014.jpg
updatedcolumbia004.jpg
updatedcolumbia001.jpg
updatedcolumbia003.jpg
updatedcolumbia013.jpg
updatedcolumbia015.jpg
updatedcolumbia002.jpg

im not exactly sure now if some of the balls in the bearing is missing or not maybe i did not use that one cause found on my floor i had extra one so maybe theres another one in there with somes balls missing i dont know just wanted to make sure i dont tell a lie

In the very last picture it looks like tou may be missing the top bearing. THe stem isn't sitting centered in the steer tube. But it looks good with the rat trap man!

BrigmasterA said:
In the very last picture it looks like tou may be missing the top bearing. THe stem isn't sitting centered in the steer tube. But it looks good with the rat trap man!
those the ones i took at the convient store the close up photo of the stem is the new one after i fixed it does it look like it fixed it right

updatedcolumbia013-1.jpg
updatedcolumbia014-1.jpg
updatedcolumbia020.jpg
updatedcolumbia014-1.jpg

It's hard to tell the close up. maybe step back a little, and try shooting a head-on pic too, as that will give us a more overall picture. It looks more straight, but without being there or seeing more of the bike, it's hard to tell...

thanks i looked at it the stem and it does need to be turned a little bit what i was wondering does the rest it look ok

Back