New lightweight "performance" BMX Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a bike I made for exciting commuting to work, based on a cheap aluminium Raleigh cruiser frame
IMG_5094.jpg

Sorry for lack of detail shots, I am in sweden and can't take more pictures! handlebars are new Pit bike motocross thingys, forks and stem old GT 26" cruiser, 180mm Sugino75 cranks from road bike, truvative usa- euro BB adaptor, dark brown San Marco Rolls saddle, some sort of anodised BMX pedals, Shimano DX single speed MTB hubs and a new OTA gold seatpost that you cant see. I usually run my seat quite high, roadie style. oh, and brakes are red weinmann sidepull BMX from dinosaur era, ingeniously mounted, with home made stiffners from leather straps which i am installing here. they are pretty soft flexy brakes.

One of the competitors in the Coaster Brake Challenge ran a similar bike, and was pretty successful with it. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's a build thread on this very site somewhere.

Latest posts

Back