New J.C.Higgins.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this in the basement of my local bike shop.
I know nothing about it, except that I love it. lol
DSCF5118.jpg

DSCF5112.jpg

DSCF5110.jpg

DSCF5124.jpg

DSCF5123.jpg

DSCF5109.jpg

DSCF5108.jpg

That's one of the Steyr/Puch bikes made in Austria for Sears-Roebuck.
It has to be before 1963 or so, because the JC Higgins brand ceased about that time.
Wife and I have a pair made just after that, with the "Atom" S-R headbadge, before they changed to just the word "Sears".
Anyway, they are very nice rides, similar to an English bike, but with a very subtle difference.
I can understand why you would love it - it's my main rider these days.

bprophet said:
That's one of the Steyr/Puch bikes made in Austria for Sears-Roebuck.
It has to be before 1963 or so, because the JC Higgins brand ceased about that time.
Wife and I have a pair made just after that, with the "Atom" S-R headbadge, before they changed to just the word "Sears".
Anyway, they are very nice rides, similar to an English bike, but with a very subtle difference.
I can understand why you would love it - it's my main rider these days.
It's hub says 1961. The headbadge does say made in Austria. :)
This bike is such nice quality and detail for it being at the end of the brand. That is why I love vintage bikes, makers put so much into them and most seem to last forever because of it. My husband has a bike from this year and I bet it will be a plie of junk in 50 years where as all of my vintage bikes will still be traveling the neighborhoods. :)

Back