New here. Looking for info on my Monark Silver King Wingbar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi everyone! I was referred by another forum because I'm just trying to get info on my bike. It was originally bought new and shared by my great uncle and grandfather. They passed and my great aunt gave me the bike back in 1998 or around then. I rode it a few times, but then I got my first car and the interest was not in an old bike! It's been sitting in my basement collecting dust ever since!

From what people have told me it's a 1937 or so "Wingbar". Missing the original butterfly kickstand, but the one on there is pretty old itself. The lights don't have lenses. Just seeing what/if I should restore it, keep it the way it is. Not really looking to sell either, but trying to guage value for insurance on it, even though homeowners would cover it.

PC110294.jpg

PC110300.jpg

PC110301.jpg

PC110299.jpg

PC110296.jpg

PC110302.jpg

Whoa..man, now that's a sweet bike right there.

We have a few resident experts who will probably be able to answer your questions.

Welcome aboard! :D

YEOW!!! An aluminum Silver King!!!

I wouldnt restore it,its only original once.I'd just get the lenses and call it done.

The CABE is a good source for Classic Bike info

http://thecabe.com/

Welcome and Sweet Bike! Id keep it as is, maybe lenses, and ride the heck out of it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah I saw that one. I doubt anyone will bid that high, but I'm watching it. It's like anything classic, someone has to want what you've got. My bike is about 98% complete, or so I've been told. Interesting thing is that I've got the correct chain guard and the one on that bike isn't. Then again the missing parts on mine are the hard to find ones!

Yes I did list it on ebay. Honestly I'll never ride the bike again, and if it sells I'm going to get a 2007 single-speed Schwinn Sting-Ray for myself to bum around on and put a new interior in my boat. Another reason is that I'm currently an unemployed pilot along with a few hundred of my buddies! (thanks Delta airlines and current layoffs!)

Plus I live in the sticks now; no where to ride the bike really. If I was still in Florida on the beach it would be an awesome cruiser. But knowing the value now I'd ride it then lock it up and have to carry insurance on it! It is neat and it would be something cool to pass on, but I'll also get over it if it sells. It's sat in my basement for the past 10 years. A bike should be ridden and enjoyed, and that's something that I can't do with this one.

If it doesn't sell on ebay I'll take you up on that offer! Unless you want to buy it on ebay, then bid on it! No one trades for services anymore, seems like a lost art.

Back