New guy in PA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, new guy clocking in here. My name's Don, I'm in Wilkes-Barre, PA, I am a tattoo/pinstriping/lowbrow artist, welder, mechanic, musician, and chef. I found this site off the HAMB. Yep, I'm a hot rodder and motorsickle guy, but have been wrenching on bicycles since I was a tot. Started racing BMX in 1976 in northern NJ until about 1982 when I started wrenching on cars and motorcycles. The bikes kinda got put on the back burner for a little while, but I started getting back into it about 10-12 years ago when I found a poopload of kool old bikes in the garbage one year when a town near me had bulk garbage week. I spent the week loading up my van with about 60-70 bikes, then started going to town, building some up, hacking some apart, storing away some kool stuff. I was hooked again, and have been ever since.
My current rides are a cruiser-framed mountain/hybrid/all-arounder, a 1948 JC Higgins chrome frame Spaceliner, a Ross Apollo 5-speed, and a 78 Panda (I think) looptail BMX loaded with sweet 70s BMX alloy goodies. My wife's rides are a Royce Union kinda cruiser-framed hybrid all-arounder, a mid 50s JC Higgins (pinstriped by yours truly, of course), and a 79 Diamondback Silver Streak BMX. I'm hoping to meet up with some of you sometime, go for rides, share info, share build pics and ideas, and do some swapping/buying/selling. Pics of my stuff coming soon!

Thanks, but I can't go on any rides this weekend, wife planned a crucial BBQ for me burfday. Besides, been so godawful hot and humid, I'm kinda enjoying the A/C in the house and car lately! But, I have been wrenching away, and plan on getting into some rides asap. Any rides in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area? If not, must mean I gotta get to work planning something, right?

Back