New guy from the Netherlands

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do my best to write english as good as possible but in advance i'm sorry if i mess up some words or sentences.

New to this forum and vintage bikes i'll introduce myself: I'm a 41 year old guy named Joris, i'm from the Netherlands and live close to the city 's-Hertogenbosch. I work as a traffic-controller for inland ships.
Recently found this bike in a store with all kinds of bicycle-antique. http://www.antiekefietsen.nl/
The guy sold it to me as a Roadmaster but after surfing internet for some hours i cannot find a roadmaster with the same specific characteristics. It might be a Monark or a Hawthorne?? The bike is totally painted black, tyres, sprocket, tank etc. so there is no rust on the bike which is very nice.
I found a date code but then it all stops for me. I hope somebody here can help me out. The code underneath the bracket is G97460.

IMG_20131010_164154_zpsdf0f5b8d.jpg

IMG_20131010_164241_zpsa9abb25b.jpg

Welcome! I too have trouble with the english language & I grew up here!:D That frame & tank looks like my 46 CWC. I will see if I can get a pic up of it.

Edit: after looking tank is not exact but I believe the frame is the same.

Last edited:
For comparison: Just put the monark springer on for the heck of it! I think this one is a Roadmaster.

Back