New guy from Ohio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello new guy from Ohio. Just starting to get into bikes after many years. I have a old frame I'm starting with that I've had in the rafters of my garage for over 10 years. I am doing research and trying to find the year and make of it. I will be posting pics after I open a photo bucket account. I want to thank everyone in advance for all the info.

Poorman

20161104_192327.jpg
20161104_192327.jpg
20161104_192419.jpg

Attachments

• 20161104_192333.jpg
    20161104_192333.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 187
Welcome an have fun. Hope someone can help you, I can identify massively obvious murrys wih wing dropouts and bikes with Schwinn head badge attached.. that said, others here are good... I go by if it tickles my fancy or not...
Again welcome and have fun

I started riding on a 24" Evans bike in 1962 in Sandusky.

A 64 Huffy (made in Dayton) is a good frame to build with. That looks like a 26" bike, so there's a lot of parts that will fit. Even a junker walmart beach cruiser's parts will work for the most part.

I would go to craigslist and get a cheap 26" girls beach cruiser and save a ton of money by using the cranks, wheels tire handlebars, nearly everything will outfit the Huffy and give you practice at it.

Last edited:
It wasn't that far a ride from where I lived in Perkins Township. Country roads and cornfields!

Wow thanks for all of the welcomes and info. I lived in Cleveland all my life, until recently we finally decided to get our kids out of there. I now live in a little college town its a lot safer for the kids. I have been looking for cheap donor bikes locally I plan to have fun with the build. I have some of the original parts like the crank, chainguard, kickstand, etc. It had 24 inch wheels that were on it but many years ago I gave them away with a few other parts. Will be a good winter project for sure.

Poorman

Back