New from Cleveland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everybody. I'm new to rat-rodding. I found this site thru Gerry's How To Fix Bikes blog.

I recently picked up a '59 Schwinn Panther II off Craigslist, which is going to be my first build.

I'm from the Cleveland, OH area and I've been in and out of BMX racing since I was a kid. I just think I'm getting a little too old (early 30's) to be jumping doubles and racing the kiddos around. So, a rat-cruiser is just my thing right now.

My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I've had a smile on my face for the past several days just thinking of how I can fix up this old ride.

Hopefully,I'll get some pictures up soon to show the progress I'm making.

~ Pells

If you're up for a roadtrip, come on down to cincy this saturday for our ride. You'll find tons of guys that love bikes and tons of women that think we're crazy as well :lol:

Thanks for the invite, Evil. However, I think I'll be up to my elbows in rust and grease trying to get this bike in shape for the 1 month of nice weather we get up here :)

bigblockthing said:
welcome from broadview heights..what part of cleveland are you from?

I'm out west in Bay Village. Grew up in Parma Hts/Royalton, though. Are there many rat-rod types out our way? I can honestly say, I've never seen anything like these bikes in our area.

Welcome, from Olmsted Falls, my wife thinks I am nuts too but she is liking the bike I am building for her.

Welcome! I grew up in Sandusky. Every summer vacation, it was hop on the bike first thing in the morning and ride until hunger drive us home, then out again until sunset. We got home dirty and sometimes bloody, but we loved every minute of it. Parents never worried about where we were and they didn't have to, back in the 60's.

Latest posts

Back