New from central Kansas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to spend a fair amount of time riding but with a busy work schedule and the kids activities I've found myself with little time. I sold my last bike several years ago. After a recent vacation with the family to Hungtington Beach, CA I began to get the bug. I was amazed at all the cruisers everywhere we went. My 9 yr old rides alot and my 3 yr old is wanting me to take him riding all the time so I figured it was time to get a bike again. I decided I wanted something besides a online-ordered cruiser or Walmart special. I stumbled onto this site and was blown away. I was amazed at all the great bikes out there and the creativity of their owners. I decided to find a bike I could customize. A search on my local craigslist found a good old cruiser candidate but unfortunately it had already sold. I started the hunt again and found a pre-war Hiawatha frame and a 50's Roadmaster frame. A phone call later and a visit to the seller I ended up buying both. I was unaware of the amount of interest in my area and was told by the seller of some local bike clubs and great swap meets. I've been scouring this site for ideas and tips for my builds. Thinking more of rat rod verus restoring. Now comes the fun part of hunting for all the pieces. I'm excited to get started and glad to have this great resource to help me along the way!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'll try to throw some pics on tonight. I'm actually from South Central KS, Clearwater. I have checked out the Coasters site and was suprised to see a pic of my wife's cousins on it. Can't wait to get a bike built so I can get involved! Looks like a great group of people and alot of fun. It seems like there is a good representation of KS people on here as well. I'm sure I'll be hunting some of them down in my quest for parts!

welcome,and be sure to check out the swapmeet thread on this site ! happy hunting...

Ok, I've been to Kansas 4 times...or is it 5...well, anyway my family's got friends in Lindsborg and I thought since that's pretty much in the middle of the state maybe you live not too far from there. :)

cl2202 said:
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'll try to throw some pics on tonight. I'm actually from South Central KS, Clearwater. I have checked out the Coasters site and was suprised to see a pic of my wife's cousins on it. Can't wait to get a bike built so I can get involved! Looks like a great group of people and alot of fun. It seems like there is a good representation of KS people on here as well. I'm sure I'll be hunting some of them down in my quest for parts!

Welcome!

Parts??? we aint got no parts.... fresh out :lol:

Actually Im sure between us local guys, we got enough stuff to build a fleet of cool bikes. Let us know what your looking for, and maybe one of us can give you the hookup.

And dont forget about the spring Swap meet, Sunday April 17th, in Haysville 8)

Welcome from the Heart of America,
where we have a couple of small swap meets every year. Spring swap in Independence, Mo, The El Torreon in July and a new one for October in Belton, Mo. If you are looking for parts or completes I'm sure you'll find them.

Galtbacken said:
Ok, I've been to Kansas 4 times...or is it 5...well, anyway my family's got friends in Lindsborg and I thought since that's pretty much in the middle of the state maybe you live not too far from there. :)

Yep I know Lindsborg, "Little Sweden". When I was a kid they filmed a parade scene for the movie, "American Flyers", with Kevin Costner. It was a movie about road bike racing and we were in the parade crowd during the filming. Pretty cool as a kid. I also almost went to Bethany College there on a football scholarship. Neat little town!

Thanks again guys for the parts offers! :D I'll probably pm with some inquiries.

Here's my projects:
IMG00055-20101125-2058.jpg

IMG00036-20101116-1357-1.jpg

IMG00053-20101125-2058.jpg

IMG00035-20101116-1357-1.jpg

65rat said:
Welcome again from Haysville . Them look like a good start to some cool bikes 8) Looks like maybe you've met Thad :)

Yep. He gave me a tour. WOW is all I can say. He sure has done some nice work.

Back