New frame I picked up.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so a week after my last build I suddenly had this itch...again. I went with my buddy yesterday to help him pick an arch frame for his project and I ended up spotting this 20" frame at a dark corner of the shop I frequent, I just couldn't resist! The shop owner said it was Taiwanese made, no name, *no serial numbers. Anybody know what it is called/type and any links to how it looked like complete? Would appreciate the info. Thanks guys! :)

*I just recently found a serial number beneath crank tube (20-2359) while cleaning it.

IMG_20140530_143819.jpg

Last edited:
Actually a great find for a build. Remove the front steering fork tube ( weld looks questionable anyway), slide on some larger diameter tubing over the existing twins (slight bending should be easy) and extend it out. replace the fork tube at a layed out angle and wa-laa! A few more easy welds or brazing and find some skip-tooth gear and go at it! Good luck. Keep us posted. I would rather find a kool frame than a whole bike anyday.....frees up the imagination without guilt of breaking down a survivor...know what I mean?

Really looks like my Huffy Rail frame as someone previously stated.Huffy Rails have the extra long frame,very cool and have a very comfortable ride especially for" bigger kids":rolleyes: like us that actually ride these old timers.

Really looks like my Huffy Rail frame as someone previously stated.Huffy Rails have the extra long frame,very cool and have a very comfortable ride especially for" bigger kids":rolleyes: like us that actually ride these old timers.

Hi BTR! As I was cleaning the frame yesterday I just found out a serial number at the bottom of the BB part, 20-2359. Does your frame have the same numbering?

Joe,heres a few pics of my Huffy Rail.Wow!the frames do look similar.I couldn't find any numbers on the crank hanger on mine,of course when I got it it was already painted in the green and the guy could have filled them in.I like the rear dropouts on it,I wonder what yours is?
004.JPG
005.JPG
002.JPG

Last edited:
Joe,heres a few pics of my Huffy Rail.Wow!the frames do look similar.I couldn't find any numbers on the crank hanger on mine,of course when I got it it was already painted in the green and the guy could have filled them in.I like the rear dropouts on it,I wonder what yours is?View attachment 4208 View attachment 4209 View attachment 4210

WHOA, that bike is PIMPIN! Loving the color and steering wheel! Yeah, they do look similar except for the tube that runs across beneath the double top tubes. Also thank you for the closeup view, it gives me a better look on the tube tips that stick out past the head tube. Are they screwed on or are they just capped? I wonder what I can use to mimic that or maybe just leave it capless?

WHOA, that bike is PIMPIN! Loving the color and steering wheel! Yeah, they do look similar except for the tube that runs across beneath the double top tubes. Also thank you for the closeup view, it gives me a better look on the tube tips that stick out past the head tube. Are they screwed on or are they just capped? I wonder what I can use to mimic that or maybe just leave it capless?
they are just cap plugs and are available from Raleigh Ron's store on ebay,I think they run about $30+ but I'm sure you can find a much more cost effective alternative.Would like to see you in the "build" thread soon,look for my Evans"Dragon" Sonic Scout build for s n g's:D!

Back