NEW FORUM DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, in true friendly debate form, I would like to raise the question--If someone cannot get past the scrambled home page or a black Android screen, how do you plan to "Tell them to switch browsers."?
Just food for thought.;)
He can put it in the next newsletter via email!

Man, you guys are gettin too deep for me. I'm just glad to wake up every morning!!!

Growing pains! Everything has em! I for one am glad to have this forum. Somethings aren't quite the same but hey! We all got "Swag" we can deal with it! This said,,, from a man that his wife had to drag kickin and screamin in to the "smart phone" age!!

:soapbox: I work for a software company and for some of our newer releases of web based applications we do require customers use at least IE10. They do have the option of continuing to use our old software with older browser versions, but if they want the newer functionality they have to upgrade browsers. We continue to support the older versions of our software because unlike RRB our users pay for our product and service. Just my 2 cents observation.

As far as the new forum goes, now that I have had some bake-in time with it, I like it better than the old. Navigation is a little different, but there is equivalent functionality to the old plus a lot of newer features as well. My only real complaint is trivial. I don't like that the timestamp of threads is practically the same shade of gray/white as the background which makes it more or less invisible. But I can deal with that.

Thanks Steve for dragging us old codgers that play with old bikes on old computers into the age of the Jetsons! :soapbox:

Last edited:
As far as the new forum goes, now that I have had some bake-in time with it, I like it better than the old. Navigation is a little different, but there is equivalent functionality to the old plus a lot of newer features as well. My only real complaint is trivial. I don't like that the timestamp of threads is practically the same shade of gray/white as the background which makes it more or less invisible. But I can deal with that.

I should be able to change that if I can figure out which setting controls the color. You have the ability to control the way everything on the forum looks via sliders and color choosers. The problem is out of the dozens of choices, figuring out which one controls which. Some actually control multiple items with a single controller.

:soapbox: Thanks Steve for dragging us old codgers that play with old bikes on old computers into the age of the Jetsons! :soapbox:

That could be the problem right there.
IE-10 was released in 2012 and the Jetsons where produced from 1962-1963.:rofl:

Or this...
Jetsonsbrowserupgrade_zps3f3a370c.jpg

Give him a screen shot of the main forum page that has the Ebay banners on the right side.
LOL! Sorry. On a Windows-7 machine, Ebay ads do not appear with the most current version of IE10 or Chrome. I have no ad blockers on either browser. The current versions of Opera and Firefox show ads fine.

IE10 screen grab:
rrb2.jpg

Last edited:
LOL! Sorry. On a Windows-7 machine, Ebay ads do not appear with the most current version of IE10 or Chrome. I have no ad blockers on either browser. The current versions of Opera and Firefox show ads fine.
I am using Chrome on Win7. I see the ebay ads fine. They appear only on the main page.

Here you go. IE10 on Win7.
Main Home Page and Forum Home Page

homepage.jpg
forumhomepage.jpg

Back