New Finds that are 100+ years OLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I found both these bikes this weekend and they are by far the oldest bikes I have ever owned. Never really like the real early stuff but the crescent No. 17 shaft drive bike is now one of my favorites.

I believe this is a crescent No.17 was made in 1899 in chicago Ill. by the Western wheel works. This bike was found in a barn under a very old tarp dang near was crushed by the end loader that was tearing the barn down. so another bike saved.
058-3.jpg

059-1.jpg

061-2.jpg

063-2.jpg

064-2.jpg

This is an Old bike that I have no Idea what it is. Bought it because it had a cool chain which I think is called a block chain, adjustable Handlebars and a cool looking seat. if you have any Idea what this bike is please let me know. Thanks
065-2.jpg

066-2.jpg

067-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

069-1.jpg

070-1.jpg

071-3.jpg

man those are really neat. I've seen those bars on the second one somewhere... i remember the adjustability. illl try and find it.

Two cool finds. The Crecent should be fun to fix up. The other with the adjustable handlebars are too cool. And hopefully you can get that block chain working again.

Yup. That's a block chain. I know a guy in Modesto that has an NOS block chain. He wasn't gonna let it go though.

Just when you think, you wont ever find bicycle that old....WOW! Great save!

Wow! Love the shaft drive bike. Looks pretty complete too.

Those adjustable bars are worth some bucks. I know I've seen them on the Cabe before.

Good stuff Nate.......home run as usual :mrgreen:

Thanks every one for all the great feedback. These are cool bikes really was going to just flip the shaft drive but then fell in love with it when I seen it up close. :D

Yep this is the one surprised he still had it when I called been on there for 20 days

Latest posts

Back