New Felt "El Guapo"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i have one if those new belgium made by felt. To me I dont feel as stable on it compared to the old frames. I hope ithers will chime in and give you there opions.

Buy it!

There's no way you'll be disappointed. I LOVE my El Guapo! Only thing is I wish it was a 3spd rather than a single speed but that's just nit picking. I don't find the bike heavy at all. Rides wicked smooth and looks cool too!

Yes, they definitely look cool!
WP_000990.jpg

One of the best looking wheelsets out there.
WP_000992.jpg

I hadn't seen teh green wheeled version yet, so I googled it. VERY COOL!
elguapo.jpg

Steve's been away the last few days, I hope he chimes in on this topic when he's able. I'm eager to hear his thoughts on it as well, you say he has one. I hope more pros than cons, it's a neat looking bike.

... They said it was against store policy to do that, they had to assemble it. have you guys ever heard of that?:39: Or is that common?

It's common, but not universal. They've probably dealt with some weird warranty issues in the past.... imagine a scenario where the customer says he wants it in the box--- they say "sure"-- he takes delivery of the bike, assembles it himself, and say he strips something or breaks something. Now, he's going to want it warrantied but the manufacturer is going to balk if it wasn't assembled by a "pro", and the dealer is caught in the middle.

So, yeah, i get it, but i think a better route for the shop is to let the customer know that they can't warranty it if something goes wrong. And, the better option for the customer who wants one in-the-box is to buy from an online retailer.

I could have sworn that I had seen Steve(RatRod) post some Felt Monster Energy photos, but I can't find it. I may have been wrong when I said that he would be able to give you some feedback.

You probably can't go wrong with buying one. The originals are holding their value well. I saw one sell for $650 shipped on ebay.
BUY IT!
BUY IT!
BUY IT!
BUY IT!
BUY IT!
BUY IT!

Let me know how they ride with apes on the new framed models, I am about to get some custom ron bar style bars made up and wonder if it will make it heavier to ride and steer, have electra attitude bars on now which are a lot better, I suppose as long as I keep a similar width to those I should have enough leverage to steer easier, certainly wont be massive apes just chest level will suffice!

Those are the bullet ended triple trees that come with the original El Guapos and they are nice forks.
Googling around for the newer models, I see some that have teh bullet ends and some that don't

CONGRATS!! So what is your verdict on it's ridabilty now that you have one?

Well I only got it an hour ago, rode it around the driveway a bit. Very Nice! Not at all as heavy as I was anticipating, I'm used to my old ballooners of course. Very Happy with it, and I love the looks of it!:cool2:

Latest posts

Back