New Felt Bikes--Sweet!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love those bikes.

Wish they would shut down their Taiwan operations and move production to the U.S. I hear there are a few people looking for work, and I bet they would love to build those with pride in this country. Maybe as the U.S. dollar looses value and shipping costs rise the bean counters will let them do that.

Lucky Strike said:
Love those bikes.

Wish they would shut down their Taiwan operations and move production to the U.S. I hear there are a few people looking for work, and I bet they would love to build those with pride in this country. Maybe as the U.S. dollar looses value and shipping costs rise the bean counters will let them do that.

I can't wait to see the actual bikes.

Rant on: :x

Felt could start by taking pride in their stateside customer service. Jim Felt ought to be embarrassed and ashamed at how his company treats folks buying their product. My local dealers absolutely hate dealing with this company.

It takes Felt ages to even acknowledge warranty claims. When they finally do, they try to pass the buck and not take responsibility for a problem that is THEIR doing.

Parts for Felt bikes that are not listed in their Web store are absolutely unobtainable even for current model bikes. I’ve tried dozens of times to obtain parts for my Felt cruisers and have yet to have them come through on a single request. Of course they will gladly sell you a new bike if you really want the part that bad. That is what they suggested I do when I needed a fender for a brand new cruiser.

I still love their designs and the quality of their product, but it’s just annoying as heII to have to deal with a company that values their customer base so little.

Rant off: 8)

Pic of new frame:
felt_tank_frame_600.jpg

That deep 6 looks like it was based on a lot of the bikes in the gallery here. Hmmm....

If they want to sell that new frame kit, you would think they would make more of their other parts available.

You know it's funny, As i looked at the pics and not having scrolled down to read the posts, the first though in my head was I bet someone from Felt is cruising this site and checking out the build off bikes to get a pulse on what is being built. It is like having a whole design team at your fingertips and you don;t even have to pay them!! I think they should pay royalties. :roll: :roll:

Joe

CWCC1.jpg

FeltDeep6.jpg

Fireproof said:
Peatbog said:
Check out these new Felt bikes:
Take note . . . the new white Thick Bricks don't have ugly lettering on them! :roll:
I wouldn't bank on the actual bike not having lettering on the tires. That picture is just a rendering of the of their offering and could differ significantly from real item.

scrumblero said:
is it just me?? :lol:
Geez! I guess they couldn't think of any other numbers to use. :roll:

Tater said:
I wouldn't bank on the actual bike not having lettering on the tires. That picture is just a rendering of the of their offering and could differ significantly from real item.
If you look closely at the rendering, the lettering is actually there . . . on the left sides of the tires! :razz:

With that new frame style, the Beaumont may just be my first totally decked out 'factory' cruiser bike.
FELT, if you're reading this:
Front and rear roller brakes with a 2 speed kickback would rock! COOL deep (but not hunter) green, a deep denim blue and 'barn' red color schemes all accented with creme would be nice too. :mrgreen:

You know, IF you're reading this............. :roll:
Cheers,
Dr. T

I love the felt bikes, BUT like tater said They treat the cruiser side of the fan base like step children[ no insult intended to step children] :oops: . 2 of my favorite LBS 's wont deal w/ them any more. I wonder iff they treat their Roadie clients the same? :shock: :!: Felt is like a drug dealer, they get you hooked then treat you like dirt. Yet you keep wanting MORE! :shock: :x

Fireproof said:
Tater said:
If you look closely at the rendering, the lettering is actually there . . . on the left sides of the tires! :razz:

LOL --I see now. I had to flip my monitor around to get a good view of them. :mrgreen:

A whopping $150 for Felt Abraham Linkage forks now, if they're actually in stock. They bumped the price from $90 to $120 and now to $150.
Guess I won't be getting a set now. Too bad because they look sick, but I'm not paying that much for any set of forks!

GameBent said:
A whopping $150 for Felt Abraham Linkage forks now, if they're actually in stock. They bumped the price from $90 to $120 and now to $150.
Guess I won't be getting a set now. Too bad because they look sick, but I'm not paying that much for any set of forks!
Still $120 at my LBS a couple days ago

That0neGuy said:
Still $120 at my LBS a couple days ago

I'd snatch one up right away if I were you.
They're usually out of stock.
You can always use it or sell it later.

Peatbog said:
$150 bucks seems a bit steep.

Didn't those sell for $99 two years ago? That's a 50% increase. That's steep.

They were introduced just over a year ago at $89.99. They promptly sold out and have had trouble keeping them in stock. Felt raised the price to $129.99 around the beginning of this year, and now they're up to $150.
I have an aluminum Felt 'ratrod' style tank bike and love it, but I'm glad I bought it second-hand. With this kind of price gouging and the horrible support for their cruiser line, I don't want to support Felt in any way.

Peatbog said:
Check out these new Felt bikes:

The single-speed Felt Deep 6, which will set you back $749:

FeltDeep6.jpg

The 3-speed Felt Beaumont which will cost you $649:

Feltblackwhite.jpg

Felt doesn't have pictures yet on their website, just these illustrations. Sadly, the Abraham Linkage fork is now $150.

A Deluxe 6 Rat Racer and a Sidewalk Super Villain Supernaut.............

Back