NEW BELGIUM BREWERY BIKES!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes they give away bikes on their Facebook page. Check Craigslist in Fort Collins; there's sometimes one for sale. Big bucks though. Anywhere from $650 to $800. Outrageous!

I just saw a brand new one in the box still. New Belgium donated one to the Boise Bike Project along with a nice chunk of change for the capital campaign to buy the building.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Was/is there a 2011 giveaway bike? Can't find a link on the New Belgium site.

Just askin......

Cheers,
Dr. T

Yes there was. I think you could write a story or send a photo to win one. Can't recall exactly.
Here's what it looks like http://youtu.be/PlZkdHESdn8

I saw some like that at the Brewery yesterday. I will post some bike photos from our tour later.

I picked up more of the postcards below. PM me an address if you want one and I will send it to you.

Cheers
As some of you know, I am in Fort Collins, CO this week on biz trip. The hotel bar had these cool postcard beer coasters from New Belgium Brewery (Fat Tire).

I have about 10 of them, so the first ten addresses that are PM'ed to me will get them.

fattire1.jpg

I will even try to mail them from FC before I go.

Our team is getting a personal tour of the NB Brewery this week. I am really going to hate getting paid to drink good beer!

Cheers,

Hello,
This is my first post. I just bought a 2011 model at a charity auction. I used to be big into BMX, but have not ridden much in years. I had also gotten rid of my mountain bike that put too much weight on my wrists and I have a hybrid for just casual riding. I'd been interested in a cruiser for comfort and when I saw this bike I had to have it. I knew nothing about it and I found this site in researching.

I took the bike out Saturday and man was it comfortable to ride. The gearing is quite nice, but at some point it might be nice to get a 3 speed hub. For now I've purchased a bell off of ebay. I notice some of the previous years came with a bell and headlights. I would like to get an appropriately headlight if anyone has a recommendation. I am quite behind in my knowledge of bikes. (From what I read here, it looks like I won't find a front rack anytime soon.) I really like the bike pictures y'all have posted here. All I have so far is a bad picture but I'll post it FWIW. (EDIT, maybe I haven't done enough posts, because I can't see an option to attach a photo.)

Also, if it's ok to digress a bit, I have a mechanical question too. Before riding I checked to see if whoever assembled the bike remembered to tighten everything. The bike seemed very well assembed (not sure who did it) but I did noticed the back hub has a very small amount of play on the axle. When I pull the hub side to side the rear gear wobbles very slightly. I wasn't sure how much play is supposed to be there on a coaster brake model. (All of the BMX bikes I had were freewheel and I don't recall wanting any play in the hubs.)

Thanks for any advice and once again, great bikes!!!!! I'm really enjoying this renaissance of cruiser bikes.

trixonian said:
(EDIT, maybe I haven't done enough posts, because I can't see an option to attach a photo.)
Thanks for any advice and once again, great bikes!!!!! I'm really enjoying this renaissance of cruiser bikes.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=172 :wink:

I have 4 New Belgium Fat Tire bikes I got from work.
In the process of collecting the 1999 model.

Cheers!

So....
Im thinkin' that guy on CL bought his as 'an investment' and now wants his 'return'. All the wrong reasons to buy something, IMHO. Eventually he will probably get his price; like after 10years or so......

I posted this a few weeks ago on Fresh Finds. but I wil add it here too. A 2009 Employee edition Schwinn. Picked up at a local Pawn Shop in Fort Collins, Colorado.
010.jpg

I still think 2006(the blue one) is the best year. I have a 2006. Had a 1999 and 2000 I sold back in the day. Looking for those two now again and they seem to always be out of reach

I inherited my grandfathers 2000 Electra Fat Tire Model exactly like the yellow one posted earlier in the thread. I had it shipped from Kansas City to here in Oregon last week and it was all but pretty much destroyed in shipping. All I have to work with is the frame and handlebars. I ordered all new parts and cannot wait to post the image of the final product for you guys to see. Cheers!

I owned this 2011 20th Anniversary one for two weeks (which was long enough to clear $525 in Beer Money as part of my Bike2Beer program. :mrgreen:
WP_002680_zps0eace3cb.jpg

Back