new addict with random higgins bike (Missouri)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a regular mountainbiker and trail builder. My daily rides are a steel Bridgestone MB-6 and a Gary Fisher Mt. Tam in brushed aluminum (no stickers or badges). I recently scored a little 48cc motor and decided to find an older frame to fit it to. I scored a skip toothed Higgins for myself and a Rollfast for my wife. I could use some help identifying the Higgins
g
57963_434104574431_540649431_4903783_3046750_n.jpg
No serial that I can see yet, but I love the double top tubes. I am kicking myself for driving 3 hours to grab these bikes and not snatching up every frame the guy had. I'll be making that trip again soon.

Thanks to all of you for posting up your inspirational builds. I hope to have one up for you all before too long.\
58766_434105344431_540649431_4903799_4069020_n.jpg

Welcome! The double top tube is a cool look for a frame. Where about you located in MO? I'm in Henrietta, which is between Lexington & Richmond.

Sounds cool, I'll have to add it to my list of places to visit. From the corn in the pictures, looks like you could be in my town. LOL How's the bike riding there?

The riding is pretty good. We have a 300+ mile rails to trails in our front yard and plenty of mountain biking trails locally too. Less than a mile from the front door by trail is the local brewery!

Anybody help on the ID of this bike? The only identifying mark so far is the JC Higgins on the coaster break.

Back