New 24" musclebike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
After months of trying with my late 40's CWC roadmaster frame, I have called it a quits. The lines of that bike just didn't fit with the look I was going for.

So.....

I replaced that frame with this frame, similar but it's actually 2" longer than my Cleveland frame, I'm just not sure what manufacturer it is, I got it from a friend who told me it might be a rollfast? Oh well, not too worried about what it might be. All I know is that I'm loving the lines and all the components I switched over fit pretty well, I'm planing on slightly polishing the frame and maybe adding a red banana seat and matching grips, that's basically it.

I also have a headlight and tail light that I'll be mounting.

Well, here it is.

ru3yranu.jpg

e4yry8eb.jpg

u5uregy2.jpg

pumuvamu.jpg

ujamage7.jpg

Only marking on the frame that I found was this set of numbers on the seat tube

24"

Sulky slick inb the back, and some old ribbed tire up front.

I'm working with a few little problems so that I can finish this thing. I'm still stripping the forks, and I need to make a HW store run in order to buy some misc hardware. Spacers for the rear fender, these generic new fenders don't fit the frame to well, but I will make them work.

This seat had the mount a bit too much to the rear, that caused to set to sit to far forward and the look was killing me. So, I drilled out the seat clamp bracket, and installed another one, which would allow me to set the clamp upward(hiding the seat post as much as possible) worked out pretty good.

Also painted the fender brackets and added a coon tail.

e4ejy8er.jpg

apuduqab.jpg

etete2eg.jpg

y8aqu2ym.jpg

etajugaq.jpg

And changed the chainring our for a smaller one, but kept the longer cranks, I dulled the chrome on the chainring, to match the dulled chrome of the apes, stem, and fenders.

Nicely evolving ride; well done, chepe13!

C R A W L I N G along........

Managed to get my forks stripped, adjusted my front axle, and shimmied my rear fender so that it hugs the rear wheel better.

I'm thinking of running to the hardware store tonight, I need another bolt and some nuts to brace the upper fender mount, and I still need longer bolts and spacers for the seat, can't wait to finally cruise this thing tomorrow.

erubytu9.jpg

aju7ezug.jpg

8aqe7y7y.jpg

I also need to drill out the front mount on my chain guard and remount it so that I get the right profile, looking at these pics now, I might raise the back of the seat one notch so that it matches the flow of the top tube.

Took it for a spin cruda night and the bike ride great, had a set back on Monday, it seems I cross threaded my left pedal, so mid cruise, my crank was stripped out

My friend had to drive by my house, pick up some parts and deliver them to me while I waited at a local bar.

Anyways, quick fix, had her back on the road in no time. Not sure if I'm going to be using the chain guard, well see.

pequsena.jpg

This is awesome, makes me re-think my plans for the 24'' Hawthorne I have in my garage.
Did you cover that Banana seat yourself?

I did, it looks a bit rough in the pics, looks much better and tighter in person.

I'm kind of obsessed with 24" rides right now, I have my cwc frame lying around too, I might take apart my schwinn trike and use the rear axle on it for the build off.

Latest posts

Back