Never had so many compliments..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
..in one ride as I did the other night. I'm pretty sure the old Murray never had so many either. My wife, son and I were out riding looking at Christmas lights.
For safety and festive reasons I got a few strands of battery powered LED lights and we wrapped them on the bikes. Hers has one strand from the seat tube around the frame up the the head tube and one strand around the kid seat. Mine is around the top tube and up one side of the handle bars and on the cantilever tubes and the other side of the handle bars. Not much to look at in the day time, but at night they are quite bright.
Almost everyone we saw said something to us or among themselves that we could hear. Taking a pic didn't work too well but I'll try again with some different settings on the camera. Maybe next year I'll add a lighted wreath or something.

Anyway, it was fun and good to be seen so we don't get run over by the cars driving around to look at lights.

Ok the general rule of thumb around here is,If you don't have pictures it didn't happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have a fairly large group of vintage cyclists in our Holliday parade, I always do my Elgin up like this; 12v NiMH bat, power inverter, 2 strings of LED lights with selectable patterns, always get tons of comments/compliments also.

Okay so here is how the pics turned out from the other night. Hers on the left and his on the right.
web.jpg

Back