Need quick help...What's right & wrong on this bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leaving in an hour or so to go check out this bike. BF Goodrich badged frame looks to be Schwinn. Fork/truss rods don't look like they belong on this bike but I'm not sure. Chainguard looks aftermarket(Wald?). Obviously the seat is wrong. Any help on what is right and/or wrong about this bike would be greatly appreciated. Thoughts on the highest I should pay?

thanks!

bd68d5d65d984d5bb860d6fe69bb6c5d.JPG

03de00c972ed4e1fb42142e0264ea091.JPG

4d56d2c7954f43f59d47a612c7fa6af7.JPG

Could be an early postwar bike with leftover prewar forks on it, but that's just a guess. I'd say the only thing "wrong" is the guard and seat like you mentioned. Cool headbadge.

I just posted this about 15 minutes ago. Haven't left yet. Hoping for some more info before I get the ca$h out. :)

:oops: :oops: Doh! this pesky time difference!! I'm on Greenwich Meantime... your 6hrs behind! Its like 'back to the future' Acording to my time band the bike's in your garage and your stood looking at it with a beer in your hand lol :)!
Hope it goes ok its a nice looking cycle i think!

A view of the bottom bracket and rear hub might help. To me the main frame and rims look like they could be newer than the rest, but I can't say for sure. (rims plated, not paint + pinstripe, higher top tube to seat post joint, may be a specific year or model trait)

Thanks for the info, guys. 8) Well, I loaded up my girls and folks and headed to town to check out the bike. This was actually my dad's find and he ended up getting the bike. I think he's going to post the serial number, etc in Fresh Finds later. He got a really good deal on it and ended up buying a sweet ladies middleweight tanker from the same guy, too.

Back