Need Opinions on Radiobike Decals

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
All,

I have been attempting to reproduce the inner tank decals for the Huffy Radiobike. These decals have repair instructions and the wire schematic for the radio. I have finally received a quote. Many bikes are missing these because the paper stock was almost like that of newspaper. They yellowed, crumbled, and fell apart due to the adhesive being absorbed into the paper and being exposed to the elements. The new ones will be pure white, just as they were in the 1950's, with crisp, clear lettering and pictures. To date, nobody has ever reproduced these. Not even the kit at MLC has this in it.

The samples I have received are not the same type of paper stock. The material is modern label stock, smooth almost like vinyl. Not rough and paper-y like the originals were.

Granted, the new stock IS better quality than what was originally used. If given the choice, would you rather have this printed on the better, modern paper stock or the rough, cruddy original stock if I can source it? Projected sale price is $15 shipped per label with the modern stock.

huffy-radio-bike-350-gif.710186

I would think newer materials would be okay and better for the average owner. A purist would to have paper style.....he would also have to purchase more often:D:D

I surveyed the CABE on this too. So far - all vote in favor of using the modern material. 100 labels will be printed on the first run. The fact I am inquiring shows that I am...a purist...on these things. I also know when to invoke common sense. If I must purchase in a batch of 100 per production run, then I must go with what the majority wants.

What's an original worth?
7699148d375e00f0840361e7f341a798.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Probably about $10. Unless it was mint and nos.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I never did follow up with this thread. Here is the finished proof, watermarked of course for online viewing ;)

RADIOBIKE WATERMARKED.png

Attachments

• Radiobike ad.png
    Radiobike ad.png
    785.7 KB · Views: 154
Back