Need help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, i need some advice. I want to do a quick build and make my father an ape hanger cruiser for his 50th bday. I'm running very low on time. Apes, 5ft tall sissy and banna seat is the plan.

I'm looking at the felt sunliner blue as a start. I just read the thread about the huffy cranbrooks and now have my head spinning... What to do? $320 for the Felt, or $80 for the huffy. I don't have time to paint so...

I'm really drawn to Felt's quality. Wheels and tires are what is really drawing me in that direction. Any advice is greatly appriciated. spelling is not my forte..

-Brad

The first thing you have to do is figure out how often your father will use it. Will he take long rides or short rides around the neighborhood. If he you think he'll use it a LOT or for LONG rides, go with the quality (Felt). Occasional short rides, the Huffy.....Because if he doesn't use it, guys like us will get a nice Felt for UNDER $100. Either way I'm sure he will appreciate what you're doing for him.

The Felt is decently priced for a quality bike, and the Huffy is as good as a $200.oo Micargi, so I guess the "amount of use" parameters is as good as any way to decide. A lot of sporting goods stores and some bike shops carry something in between, probably worth a look.

I ended up ordering the felt to get it in time. My dad lives in a lake community where golf carts rule the scene. He has 6 seater cart lifted 18"...
Cops have been cracking down so I hope everyone switches over to bikes.
Will post pics of my KUSTOM as soon as it's completed.
Thanks for the advice.

-brad

R1FIGHTER said:
My dad lives in a lake community where golf carts rule the scene. Cops have been cracking down...

Sounds to me like your dad needs to organize the golf cart owners and lean on the mayor to get some different cops. Gary

are 5ft apes and a banana seat really the best choices for a 50year old?

you know the rules here, you cant just say your dad has a cart with 18"of lift without pictures! :wink: icy has a good point, but it depends on the individual- some 50yr olds can ride circles around younger riders. :shock: it almost sickens me to hear that the cops are harrassing him about his cart. are they afraid he'll run over puppies and small children, or are they afraid somebody with a hovaround will rear-end him and get hurt? :roll: anyhow, i think its great what your doin for your old man, he deserves it. 8)

The Electra Cruiser 1 is around $220. it has feet forward frame geometry that'll let your Dad get his feet to the ground easier, and it's a quality bike at an affordable price. You might want to hunt online for a large banana seat. I've seen them as long as 26 inches.
As for icyuod2's question (are 5ft apes and a banana seat really the best choices for a 50year old?) I can't vouch for the banana seat, but as far as apehangers are concerned...
rrb1.jpg

dd6.jpg

I'll be 52 in February... 8)

Back