Need help with this skyrider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
OK, I've done lots of searching on the internet and can't turn up another bike that looks like. Only one picture is similar with white tank and accessories but that's about it. Can anyone enlighten me with what's going on here?

The serial number is on the left dropout and the dropouts are forward facing. Looks like the number is H046709 but I haven't cleaned it yet to really see it best. It has a Komet Super hub if that helps anything.

DSC00722.jpg

I'd say it's around a '58-62, as it uses a leftover Shelby chainring. AMF bought Shelby around 54 I think, but they used up leftover parts for several years, it helped to make their otherwise identical models look a bit different. -Adam

I thought it was a little earlier than that since most of the these bikes that I've seen have different tanks from that era are the use of the star chain ring or spiral chain ring.

Euphman06 said:
I thought it was a little earlier than that since most of the these bikes that I've seen have different tanks from that era are the use of the star chain ring or spiral chain ring.

It may be from the earlier end of that range, but no one besides Schwinn made a cantilever frame before late 1957, when their exclusive patent on the design ran out. -Adam

Latest posts

Back