need help with serial number id of cwc

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for a model for this cwc frame. thanks to rms37 for id'ing it as a cwc frame so far.
018.jpg
015-1.jpg
014.jpg
001.jpg

anyone have an idea what the first letter could be? that would help to nail this one down on a positive id

Nickinator said:
I can say with that sprocket its a very early roadmaster

Yeah, if this sprocket is indeed original to the bike, it was only used in '35 and '36. It seems like the only viable letter that first character can be is an L. I'm familiar will 1940 CWC products in the F-G-H range. So no help there. I guess the next thing would be to hope you have a Morrow rear hub and that it's original to the bike; you can date the hub if you post the 2 character (letter A-T, number 1-4) code.

thanks for the info guys. it helps. the letter code is at a slight angle so if its a "L" its crooked.any ideas with the sideways "11"? no morrow hub, it's a new departure model d hub. so it's probably not the original. it was my great grandma's 3rd husband's bike so who knows what he put on it.

Back