need help with a tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I may be getting a tandem but the guy doesn't know whether it's a Schwinn or a western flyer. Maybe you guys will know.
3nd3pe3o85O65Y35U1b1ja30e3fa46d0c1ff9.jpg

To me it kinda looks like a Columbia. I'm no expert in tandems, however. Neat bike none the less.

Maybe it is homemade? The hump on the front top bar is something not seen on many a bike. The rear handle bar mount looks out of place for a manufactured bike.

Cool never the less. matching seats

I'm thinking home made too. The tubing lines just dont flow very well. I ran into a similar situation this past summer. the CL photos looked promising, i get there and it turned out to be a ColumbElgin Tandem. Even though it must have been a super rare prototype venture between Columbia and Elgin, i decided it wasn't worth the asking price.

I just thought it was cool, I love old bikes and have wanted a tandem. Might be doing some trading for it but not sure yet. If I do get it I'm going to rat rod it anyway so I don't really care but I wanted to check in and see what you guys thought. He's only asking $75 for it so even at that I'd probably try to get it.

Back