need help identifying....can't find serial # anywhere

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I traded in some ladies frames I had for this. any ideas what it is? it had a pretty distinctive rear end especially the dropouts.
DSCF1001.jpg

DSCF1017.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

looks like a columbia from the dropouts and the toptube, i think the serials should be on the bottom of the crank housing

hard to say, looks like a universal chainguard, 60s pedals, 60s ?schwinn? front rack, but i want to say the frame looks older. i should be schooled on columbia stuff by now but im not :roll:

I don't know what it is,but by gum like it alot...it'll be a real wide open project bike...iffen ya catch my drift...Pappy 8)

1950's Columbia frame. Correct kickstand and dust caps on crank are somewhat uncommon, most of those are long gone. Standard type sold most often with tank, under a number of different brands. Once the labeled parts and head badge are gone, I have no idea how to narrow it down any further. The numbers on mine were barely noticeable when I got it. There were some on both the bottom of the crank housing and the left dropout, completely invisible after light sandblasting.

deorman said:
1950's Columbia frame. Correct kickstand and dust caps on crank are somewhat uncommon, most of those are long gone. Standard type sold most often with tank, under a number of different brands. Once the labeled parts and head badge are gone, I have no idea how to narrow it down any further. The numbers on mine were barely noticeable when I got it. There were some on both the bottom of the crank housing and the left dropout, completely invisible after light sandblasting.
awesome! thanks for the help. I though the frame was older than some of the parts for sure. Kinda cool to know the kickstand and dust caps on crank and correct and uncommon. It's a shame it's got a reweld, very small, but on the steer tube where it meets the down tube. I will stay away from sandblasting and try some harsh paint remover. and thanks to everybody else. I will start looking at some 50's Columbias

Back